The MIIMOSYS research project
MIIMOSYS is an industry-driven and pre-competitive joint project. It brings together companies and research institutes from the field of developing semiconductor applications and discrete, integrated electronic solutions.
The goal is to research and demonstrate new, innovative technology for the heterointegration of gallium nitride (GaN) and silicon-based power electronic systems.
For the first time, the advantages of power-efficient GaN switching components will be combined with highly integrated silicon-CMOS control electronics on the wafer level. As such, the MIIMOSYS project will make a valuable contribution to advances in the fields of micro- and nanoelectronics.
We are taking part in the following project steps:
- Selecting and researching carrier materials and mechanical Interfaces
- Creating an integrated circuit packaging concept
- Guaranteeing flexibility to implement modular Systems
- Securing optimal heating management and protecting against external interference
- Production of test samples
The MIIMOSYS project will run until 31 December 2017, and is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research as part of its TechSys research programme on human-machine interaction.